Wake Forest Baptist Church has opportunities to show God’s love and care throughout the world this season. Whether you want to help locally, nationally or internationally, there are opportunities for you. Please see the options below for more details.
- Operation Christmas Child– Thanks to the efforts of our congregation, WFBC delivered 159 OCC boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We appreciate everyone who contributed to helping this year!
- Through the month of December, WFBC will be highlighting some of our Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Partners and the work they are doing around the globe. WFBC will have the opportunity to help contribute to these efforts through the Global Missions Offering, where a special emphasis to give will be made on December 24. GIVE HERE
- 127 Worldwide Annette Byrne will be leading two short term mission teams in 2024 through the organization she works for, 127 Worldwide. Members of Wake Forest Baptist Church are invited to join these teams. Whether you have been on a short term team before, or this is your first time, this is a great opportunity to learn more about vulnerable community care through local leaders and walk alongside their work for a week in Escuintla, Guatemala (June 14-20) or Kibera Slum, Kenya (October 4-12). If you have questions or would like more information, email Annette or contact the church. You can also visit www.127worldwide.org/
goteams/ to learn more about 127 Worldwide Go Teams and these specific opportunities.
- Book Collection– WFBC is collecting children’s books for Together for Hope Arkansas. Gently used children’s books will be given to Together for Hope to be used for the upcoming year. Please give generously to this cause. Collection bins are located in the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall lobbies.
- New York Mission Trip Collection– On February 15-19, adults from WFBC will have the opportunity to work with our ministry partners in New York. As part of the preparation for this mission trip, gently used clothing, jackets, and new undergarments will be collected in the Fellowship Hall lobby and in the elevator lobby, outside the Sanctuary. Collection will take place from January 14-February 4.
- WFBC is partnering with Habitat for Humanity to help with some of the upcoming Habitat work days (December 16, January 2, and January 20). No experience is needed to help! Please sign up HERE to participate.
- Angel Tree– Join WFBC in helping our neighbors by partnering with the Wake Forest Northern Regional Center to provide gifts to families in the Wake Forest area. Families can be picked up on the tree in the Fellowship Hall lobby; instructions are in the assigned envelopes. Gifts are due to the Northern Regional Center on December 11.
- Welcome House Bags– Join us in partnering with Welcome House Raleigh to provide Welcome Bags to our refugee friends and neighbors. Bag assignments can be picked up on the tree in the Fellowship Hall lobby; instructions are in the assigned envelopes. Bags are due Crabtree Valley Baptist Church between 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on December 12.
- Souper Sunday– WFBC will be participating in Souper Sunday on February 11 with a goal of 10,000 donated canned items for Tri Area Ministries. Get together with your Sunday school class, family, friends, and/or neighborhood to help us meet this goal and provide food for our neighbors in need.
DIG DEEPER-LEARN ABOUT OUR MISSIONS PARTNERS
Wake Forest Baptist Church strongly believes that to be an effective church, we must involve ourselves in the community, and be part of the problem-solving process that benefits our fellow man. We believe this is the only way we can build the credibility necessary to be able to share the Gospel message with those around us. WFBC is a CBF, RBA, and BGAV affiliated congregation dedicated to mission-related opportunities at home, regionally, and abroad.