RESOURCES FOR LENT-PREPARING FOR EASTER
Say & Pray Devotions by Diane Stortz: For families with children ages 1-4 years old. This book has short devotions and many labeled illustration so young children can practice identifying objects and words on their own! A great tool to start a devotional time with littles ones, as it will help you teach them about God.
Faith Conversation Starters
Here are some conversation starters for you and your family to use!
It’s pretty simple:
- Download and print the document here, and cut out each card.
- Stack the cards on your dinner table or other gathering place.
- Once a day, have a family member draw a card, and let everyone take a turn answering the question.
- It is a fun way to stay connected, learn about each other, and keep the conversation going!
- This “game” is FOR EVERYONE!
Books for Lent and Easter
Make Room-A Child’s Guide to Lent & Easter by Laura Alary: “A unique book to teach children to experience Lent with all their senses, and to see it as a special time for creating a welcoming space for God.”
The Easter Storybook by Laura Richie: Starting with Jesus’ time in the temple as a boy and ending with His appearances after the resurrection, The Easter Storybook invites readers into the big picture of God’s love. Each of the 40 full-color, beautifully illustrated stories includes a Bible passage and a conversational question to guide families through the Easter season together.
The Easter Storybook explains who Jesus is, what He did, and why His death and resurrection matter, in a simple way that children ages 4–8 can understand and remember.