Making handmade cards is an easy way to touch people with love and care. Therefore, a card ministry will begin on July 8 at WFBC. We will meet in Room 110 from 10am-noon. Our goals in this ministry are three-fold:
- To make cards each week to send to our sick and shut-ins
- To share cards with two local senior communities whose residents may not be able to get out to buy cards for their families and friends.
- To make cards for "Cards for Troops." These cards will be mailed to the organization that fathers the cards and mails them to bases for military families
To participate, register here or email Jo Ann Stancil at email@example.com. We need to know each week how many are coming so we can have card packets ready. Thanks for being a part of this new ministry. And many thanks to Alice Leonard and Nancy Lilley for being co-coordinators.
*A second class will be offered on Wednesday night in the fall if you want to participate but cannot on Thursday mornings.
Donations for the Card Ministry
Leaders of the Card Ministry (Alice Leonard, Nancy Lilly and Jo Ann Stancil) are asking the congregation to contribute supplies. We believe there are those in the church who have left-over supplies in their home that are no longer being used. We would be happy to use those items. Here is a list of things we need:
- Any color 80 lb card stock
- Glue (Tombow)
- Die Cuts
- Acrylic blocks
- Paper punches
- Ink pads
- 12x12 work sheets
- Die cut machine
- Scoring board
- Embossing folders
- Bone folder
- Glue tape dispenser
- Stick on pearls, rhinestones, Butterflies or any decorative Item for the front of cards
- Ribbon Glue dots Decorative paper, any size
- Envelopes, 4 ¾ x 5 ¾
- Missy Stamper
A tub will be located in the narthex of the Sanctuary for dropping off of supplies. Thank you so much for helping us start this ministry.